Monday, April 7, 2008

Steve and Barrys Lake Grove

So I finally had the opportunity to check out Steve And Barry's Lake Grove, NY location. A few months back I dissed some of the S&B locations for their chaos presentation, poor customer service and staff who welp.. didn't lift a finger to straighten things up, fold clothes, re-sort shoes and sneakers. Etc.

THIS WAS NOT THE CASE AT STEVE AND BARRY'S LAKE GROVE. Lake Grove , was organized. The staff didn't appear as if they were being enslaved and tortured to work there. As I approached the Starbury sneakers, an employee was organizing all the shoes and reporting back to a manager and accounting for his work. Overall appearance of the store was sharp and clean. I wasn't left with the impression that a bomb had gone off. I'll be back for the super cheap gear. It was a real nice surprise.

A nice surprise.. especially after being tortured by the bossa nova casio 80s keyboard sounds that were pumping out over the sound system next door at DSW. Ugh. I don't know, I have to read if there's a study somewhere that suggestions that certain sounds can cause a violently ill reaction. I felt like I was going to puke the entire time i was in there.

No comments: