Monday, March 17, 2008

At the beach


We took a stroll on the beach when the place is considered by the bronzers and hipsters as "out of season". It was a beautiful day and I'm with my soul mate enjoying the sounds of the waves crashing, short bursts of wind against my face and the sun warming our skin. her hand in mine we walk, getting passed up by some of the locals who brave the elements and take their 4x4 to the dirt. They sped past us at 50 miles an hour, "take in" all the view has to offer, make a u-ie then speed off in the opposite direction. They vanish past the horizon and then we again have the sands to ourselves.

It's moments like these that I cherish. Whether it's biking along the Platte "river", crossing the tundra in the Rockies, driving in the white mountains, playing footsie in a ice-y creek along the Appalachian trail, the fact is that I'm doing these things with my MiSo, the most special person in my life. My better half..and as I said already, she's my soul mate. Where would I be without her? Incomplete.

No comments: